This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 123

lime doodle: case study challenge 123

10 January 2013

case study challenge 123

Do you know the drill by now? First Thursday in the month means we have a new muse at CASE Study! Before the big reveal though, let me say thank you to Windy Robinson our December muse for some spot on fabulous inspiration over the holidays. However, New Year means a new muse and I'm bowled over that for January we have Amber Daigre joining us! Be still my CAS loving heart LOL! Amber is not only a fabulous designer but she presents her work with stunning photographs - just take a little look at this week's inspiration:


See what I mean - fabulous! Now as it so happens as I sat down to create my card for today I'd recently received some new goodies from Simon Says Stamp's exclusive line of products. Let me just say that they were a match made in heaven for Amber's inspiration! I wasn't going to argue so here's my card for today!




The tiny hearts are all part of one die appropriately called Falling Hearts. I cut the die from white card and then backed it with three colours of card with a gradient from deep pink through to pale pink. I cut a large heart from the deep pink card using the Large Hearts set and from white card a wonderful handwritten 'you'. One of my favourite dies from 2012 was the Oh Happy Day die from Simon Says Stamp which uses Kristina Werner's wonderful handwriting. I used the 'happy' from that die so often that I'm delighted to have more examples of Kristina's writing to play with - I wish I could write so beautifully! The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp's matching 'You' set :)

With the new month we not only have a change of Muse but also a change of Guest Designer. So as I wave tearfully to the wonderful Wida who joined us for December I also have a big smile to welcome Tasnim Ahmed to CASE along with us this month! Here's this month's line up:

Muse: Amber Daigre
Guest Designer: Tasnim Ahmed
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes - me!
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) - The Boss
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams

Supplies: Stamps - Simon Says Stamp you; Ink - Versafine onyx black; Card - Stampin' Up raspberry ripple, rose red, pretty in pink, sahara sand; Dies - Simon Says Stamp falling hearts s141, large hearts set s143, you s146


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10 January 2013 at 06:52 , Blogger Michelle said...

Love it, Debby! That die was definitely custom-made for this challenge! :-)

 
At 10 January 2013 at 06:58 , Blogger Tasnim said...

It so happens that earlier today I spotted this die at Simon Says stamp and thought to myself, wow that is just like Amber's card! And then I saw your card ! You have done an amazing job with it! I love the gradation of color and the placement of the sentiment. An excellent CASE :)

 
At 10 January 2013 at 10:20 , Blogger Lynn said...

Oh the die is gorgeous...lovely design Debby!

 
At 10 January 2013 at 12:59 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

gorgeous!

 
At 10 January 2013 at 18:32 , Blogger Tasnim said...

Forgot to mention, thank you for the welcoming message :)

 
At 10 January 2013 at 21:45 , Blogger Danni said...

Wonderful! How pretty!

 
At 10 January 2013 at 22:22 , Blogger Rachel said...

LOVE THEM BOTH!!! i think ill go pin these now....
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

 
At 10 January 2013 at 22:32 , Blogger Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful Debby!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home