This page has moved to a new address.

furry christmas

lime doodle: furry christmas

8 December 2012

furry christmas

I buy a lot of my stamping supplies from Simon Says Stamp and I have to say they must've put wings on my last parcel! In the order I added a Simon stamp set designed by Kristina Werner - Furry Christmas. I couldn't resist the set itself and then when you hear the story of how it was conceived I just had to pop it in my basket even though I wondered if it would arrive here before my Christmas cards were finished. My parcel arrived really quickly and so yey, I got the chance to get this cute set inky :)




Now I have to say my animal colouring skills are a bit rusty so I took inspiration from the examples of the set coloured up here. That's definitely Kristina's cat Mannie there and the dog on the left (Kathy Racoosin's dog Max) is probably a mish mash of all the examples. However, I had to make the dog on the right (Jennifer McGuire's dog Roxie) in the image of my sister's mischievous black lab! Looking at my card now I realise how close it is to Kristina's with the negative die cut. That came about as I stamped the image 3 times and layered them up. Bottom layer all three cuties, middle layer left dog and cat and finally top layer just cat. Believe me there is a LOT of dimension in this card as each of the layers is popped up. I did think of having these guys in a snow drift but by the time I'd popped everything up I didn't think snow drifts would be that deep and so a negative die cut it was. I actually like the dimension but wonder what this would look like as a one layer card .......

Supplies: Stamps - Simon Says Stamp furry christmas; Inks - Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black; Card - Copic x-press it blending card; Paper - Basic Grey aspen frost; Die - Papertrey Ink mat stack 3; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink aqua mist; Ranger glossy accents; Ranger Distress Stickles rock candy; Ranger enamel accents; Copic markers

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 8 December 2012 at 06:49 , Blogger Caroline said...

Debby this is stunning I love the cute image and your layout is gorgeous. Caroline xxx

 
At 8 December 2012 at 14:13 , Blogger Mary-Anne V said...

such a cute stamp....love the card.

 
At 8 December 2012 at 16:45 , Blogger canadian_liner said...

So much furry fun! I love the idea of personalizing the pooches (and cats) to match animals you know...

 
At 8 December 2012 at 18:29 , Blogger Anni said...

What a great card! Love the frame you created!
Anni

 
At 8 December 2012 at 21:22 , Blogger Casandra Bennett said...

Awe, those little pets deserve a little Christmas cheer, too!

 
At 9 December 2012 at 17:14 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

This is one of the cutest pet images I've seen, and your colouring is great!

 
At 10 December 2012 at 08:15 , Blogger Dawny P said...

This is fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week.. Hugs, Dawny x

 
At 10 December 2012 at 14:19 , Blogger shirley-bee said...

What a fabulous set! Love how you've got them looking through the aperture window.

 
At 16 January 2013 at 03:09 , Blogger Lisa Lara said...

Okay.............never mind my last question Debby..I figured it out.......it was my browser!

 
At 21 January 2013 at 14:10 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the layout and colour of this card!

I am new to the blog world so if you have a few minutes I would love it if you would check out my blog! http://thecraftinghamster.blogspot.co.uk/

Hugs,
Lucy x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home