This page has moved to a new address.

thank you

lime doodle: thank you

20 March 2013

thank you

In a few weeks time I'm going to be demonstrating at a local craft group and thought I'd share here what we will be doing. It makes a good record for myself and also means the group can prepare what they might like to bring with them on the day. The request was to use Clearly Besotted Stamps happy everything set along with some alcohol markers. I have both Promarkers and Copic markers but in the UK the former are more available so I used those in my first card.


This is a CASE of a card I did not long ago, I liked the layout and thought it would go well with this image. The flowers were stamped in Versamark ink onto Neenah solar white card and heat embossed with Hero Arts white embossing powder. I coloured with Promarkers (see supply list below for specific colours) and fussy cut out before mounting with foam adhesive onto a Lil' Inker Designs notebook die cut from Neenah solar white card and stamped with the sentiment in Versafine smoky gray. The notebook page was clipped to a sahara sand panel stamped in Hero Arts memories unicorn white ink with Hero Arts tweed pattern and foam mounted onto a Neenah solar white card base. Finally the blossom image was embellished with some Stickles rock candy on the leaves, some Stickles star dust on the stamens and a few pink sequins.

For my second card I thought we could have a look at a different colouring technique and so I had another go with my Inktense pencils onto watercolour card.


I find using a quality watercolour card makes a huge difference to the end result. I used some from Simon Says Stamp I picked up in a recent order and I am so impressed with the quality. Again the image was stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with Hero Arts white embossing powder. Then I used a wet paintbrush to prime the paper before taking pigment from the Inktense pencils with a wet paint brush and building up the depth of colour. The panel was mounted with foam adhesive onto a kraft card base stamped in Versamark with Hero Arts designer woodgrain. I wrapped some twine around the card and tied in a bow. This is a thick twine from my stash I think I got it from Hobbycraft in the UK many moons ago. It has the texture of a garden twine and I thought it went quite well with the feel to this image. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine smoky gray onto a scrap of watercolour card, cut into a banner and tucked under the bow with foam adhesive. Finally a sprinkling of pearls to finish.

Supplies thank you blossom card:
Stamps – Clearly Besotted Stamps happy everything, Hero Arts tweed pattern
Inks – Versamark, Versafine smokey gray, Hero Arts memories unicorn white
Card – Neenah solar white, Stampin’ Up sahara sand
Die – Lil’ Inker Designs notebook
Clip – Stampin’ Up clips assortment
Embossing Powder – Hero Arts white
Accents – Ranger Distress Stickles rock candy, Ranger Stickles star dust, sequins
Promarkers – blender, almond, dusty pink, antique pink, mustard, lime test, pear green, olive green, caramel, umber

Supplies for you card:
Stamps – Clearly Besotted Stamps happy everything, Hero Arts designer woodgrain
Inks – Versamark, Versafine smoky gray
Pencils – Derwent inktense pencils
Card – kraft/Stampin’ Up crumb cake, Simon Says Stamp water-color card
Twine
Embossing Powder – Hero Arts white
Pearls - Stampin' Up


Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

At 20 March 2013 at 10:33 , Blogger Michelle said...

Both are beautiful, Debby! I am totally in love with your watercoloured card, wow!

 
At 20 March 2013 at 11:24 , Blogger Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, these are beautiful. The colors are so pretty! Lovely designs Debby.

 
At 20 March 2013 at 11:54 , Blogger Stephanie said...

WOW. & WOW. Nothing left to say. x

 
At 20 March 2013 at 12:16 , Blogger Michelle Short said...

WOW! These are stunning Debby! x

 
At 20 March 2013 at 13:19 , Blogger Jenny said...

Seriously amazing cards Debby, love them :0)
Jenny x

 
At 20 March 2013 at 13:22 , Blogger Betty said...

gorgeous cards - wish i could come to your demo.

 
At 20 March 2013 at 15:14 , Blogger Maureen said...

so lovely! Wow! That sounds like an amazing class :) I can't stop looking at the first one with those gorgeous blossoms!

 
At 20 March 2013 at 15:16 , Blogger Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous coloring and shading! I love how you layered the images! Beautiful!

 
At 20 March 2013 at 15:52 , Blogger Miriam Prantner said...

Just stunning! Gorgeous! I LOVE both of these. The first is so soft and ethereal, the second has great depth and shading. Beautiful!

 
At 20 March 2013 at 17:18 , Blogger LaurieJ said...

They are beautiful, Debby. Your demo should be a raging success!

 
At 20 March 2013 at 18:26 , Blogger Marlena M. said...

Lovely colors and design on both cards Debby!

 
At 20 March 2013 at 18:57 , Blogger Joyce said...

Your cards are just beautiful, and I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your video from today's pattern play class. Plus, you have an awesome accent (!)

 
At 20 March 2013 at 19:33 , Blogger Danni said...

These are both stunning!! Simply gorgeous! I adore that first one..beautiful!

 
At 20 March 2013 at 20:10 , Blogger Mary-Anne V said...

Wow you really know how you stop me in my tracks...Simply STUNNING!!!!

 
At 20 March 2013 at 20:58 , Blogger Wida said...

You do show stopping work...I always get s little excited when I see a new post on your blog!

 
At 20 March 2013 at 21:58 , Blogger Barb Ghig said...

OMGosh, Debby...your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

I also wanted to thank you for the wonderful video tutorial this morning at "Pattern Play"...it was so fun to watch your video and see more of your amazing creations :-)

 
At 20 March 2013 at 22:45 , Blogger dstandard said...

As always gorgeous cards! Your work is so inspirational!

 
At 21 March 2013 at 00:00 , Blogger Taheerah said...

*swoon* These are just... wow. You blow me away every single time I visit Debby! I wish I was going to be in your class - not to CASE your creation, but just to get inside your head and thought process to know how you come up with such amazing ideas!!

 
At 21 March 2013 at 04:13 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

Both are just amazing! Have fun at your class!

 
At 21 March 2013 at 09:23 , Blogger Unknown said...

Stunning!

 
At 22 March 2013 at 16:43 , Blogger Aimes said...

Oh I want to come to your class Mrs Hughes! Be a change to be a student again and I know that I'd behave (mostly) *wink*
Stunning cards and fabulous techniques!
Hugs!
x

 
At 1 April 2013 at 01:20 , Blogger JD/ Jill said...

These cards are beautiful! I really like that technique...must give it a try...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home