This page has moved to a new address.

happy birthday

lime doodle: happy birthday

5 March 2013

happy birthday

Sorry things have been a bit quiet around here. I've been taking the opportunity the hint of spring in the air has prompted and been clearing out and sorting my craft room. One of the most noticeable differences to the room has been from taking down the curtains. The amount of light flooding the room since I took them down is amazing! So I've been experimenting with the new found light to take my card photos. Normally I take my cards to a different room to photograph, trailing back and forth with the bits and pieces I use to set up a photo. If this new set up works then I will save myself a lot of fussing. What do you think?


There's a few more shadows cast but I think the overall photo is clear and more 'realistic' if that makes sense. One of the comments I've had in the past is that my photos are too light so perhaps the extra shadowing will define the elements more. However, when I asked my husband and daughter which of two photos they preferred they liked the one taken in the old set up. I'd be interested to have an honest poll (I can take it!) on whether you prefer this or my older photos and are they too light?

Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts looped flower pattern CG504, pattern hearts & flowers CL596, Clearly Bestotted Stamps once upon a time; Ink - Versamark, Memento tuxedo black; Card - Papertrey Ink rustic white, soft stone, Stampin' Up pool party; Paper - My Mind's Eye collectable; Hero Arts white embossing powder; Ranger Distress Stickles star dust; Ranger glossy accents; Copics; sequins

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 5 March 2013 at 05:28 , Blogger SugarGem said...

It is hard to see a difference for me. Maybe just a little. Your photos are ALWAYS fantastic. I adore your photography. Seriously I struggle daily with my photos and if you have any good pointers I would hug you. I have never ever thought your photos were too light. They are always crisp and clear. I think I struggle the most with clarity and sharpness in my photos yours are always so beautiful. . I have tried so many different techniques... I'm starting to think I just need a better lens. But seriously your photos are truly stunning. I say stick with what YOU like because obviously you have an eye for beauty. Lenae

 
At 5 March 2013 at 08:40 , Blogger Sientje said...

Beautiful Card. And I love the new lay out of your blog it's clean, fresh and simply beautiful

 
At 5 March 2013 at 10:51 , Blogger craftyb said...

Beautiful card. Very elegant. I LOVE the NEW photo. I think ou can see the like of the circle background very clearly. It appeared more subtle in other photos. But I'd say whatever is best for you is the way ahead!!

 
At 5 March 2013 at 17:10 , Blogger Barbara said...

This looks great to me. I love the card! Wow!

 
At 5 March 2013 at 17:32 , Blogger Linda Beeson said...

I am going to try just stamping that amazing background in white, what a stunning look. LOVE your lighting in your new found space!

 
At 5 March 2013 at 20:07 , Blogger Taheerah said...

This card is so perfect and really makes me yearn for weather where we can see flowers like this in real life! And I *have* to get that background stamp after seeing you rock it so resoundedly every time you use it. You really are too good at making me buy stuff!!

As for the photos, I think the difference is only slight. I love both styles but something about this natural light does make things seem more alive, if that makes any sense! But shadows are the only risk I can think of with that!

 
At 6 March 2013 at 06:28 , Blogger aaga said...

I like the old ones better, too though they were never too light for me. :) Beautiful card btw.

 
At 9 March 2013 at 02:29 , Blogger Wida said...

Ok, my vote is the new way, it's a bit truer to the colors, softer, and I prefer natural light. The difference is only slight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home