This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 126

lime doodle: case study challenge 126

31 January 2013

case study challenge 126

It's time for the more inspiration from Amber our CASE Study muse for January. I have totally enjoyed caseing Amber this month not only for her fabulous projects and stunning photography but also for her open and honest approach to blogging.


On to todays card and I was inspired by the panel with cardstock strip over a strong background pattern. When Hero Arts released their new stamps for 2013 I got inky with the tweed pattern background stamp. Today I wanted to have another go at this technique to create a strong background for my card.




I inked up my craft sheet with Distress Inks in barn door, spiced marmalade and mustard seed, squirted with a solution of perfect pearls and then squooshed the stamp around on the sheet before stamping onto a white card base. I love the heat these colours evoke when used together.


In this photo you can see a bit of the perfect pearls shine on the tweed pattern and also the glossy accents I added to the hearts to make them pop from the background.

This card also fits amazingly well with day 3 of Clean & Simple Card Making 2 which is a happy coincidence as it was actually made a couple of days before hand LOL.


Ready for another dose of inspiration? Check out the rest of the crew :)

Muse: Amber Daigre
Guest Designer: Tasnim Ahmed
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes - me!
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) - The Boss
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams


Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts tweed pattern s5654, Simon Says Stamp just a love note; Inks - Distress Inks barn door, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, Hero Arts orange soda, red royal; Card - Papertrey Ink orange zest, Stampin' Up real red; Dies - Simon Says Stamp holidays shapes s131; Ranger glossy accents
-->

14 Comments:

At 31 January 2013 at 05:16 , Blogger Tasnim said...

This is such an eye candy! It stood out at me right away!
Love your take on the design, and the bright colors! The shiny hearts look so delicious! almost edible :D

 
At 31 January 2013 at 06:37 , Blogger Taheerah said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! But stop making me buy stuff lady!!!

 
At 31 January 2013 at 07:34 , Blogger Unknown said...

wow! stunning card!

 
At 31 January 2013 at 07:51 , Blogger Marianne said...

As soon as I saw the new CASE Study challenge I was thinking I could combine this sketch with one of the C&S2 assigments...and then I saw your card. Love it! I may have to borrow your idea, since I had been playing with the same colours (Memento ink, not distress) and the same stamp (the only 'solid' background stamp I own right now), but had not yet figured out how to combine the two. I had been thinking about using distress inks to create a similar effect to what Jennifer was showing but had not given it a try yet. BTW, thanks for your guest appearance. Really enjoyed your video and love your card and the way you have used labels.

 
At 31 January 2013 at 10:56 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Love your versatility Debby! x

 
At 31 January 2013 at 11:16 , Blogger Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely fabulous Debbie. Love the colors and glossy hearts.

 
At 31 January 2013 at 11:33 , Blogger Michelle said...

Squirted, Squooshed, and Stamped! LOL! Love this card, and I love those shiny hearts! :-)

 
At 31 January 2013 at 12:43 , Blogger Lynn said...

Oh my gosh...this is stunning Debby!

 
At 31 January 2013 at 13:18 , Blogger richardbreaks said...

WOW. Hot, hot hot!!!

 
At 31 January 2013 at 15:09 , Blogger Kelly Szafron said...

very pretty!

 
At 31 January 2013 at 15:42 , Blogger Cris G. said...

Looks great and warm. Reminds me some Photoshop effects...

 
At 2 February 2013 at 19:25 , Blogger Jeanne J. said...

Couldn't wait to read how you made that faby background - I love the bold color and how the blend together - so striking Debby!

 
At 2 February 2013 at 23:26 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

fabulous card hunny I love distress inks and the stamp you have used is on my NEED IT list!
Stunning card Debby! hugs me x

 
At 3 February 2013 at 05:17 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

Debby the hues are just beautiful on this one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home