This page has moved to a new address.

casadia

lime doodle: casadia

30 January 2013

casadia

The amazing Wida Miller has been running a fabulous idea called Casadia (a case + an idea). It's like a chain letter but made up of cards instead! It all started with this wonderful card by Laura Bassen.


Over the last year more than 30 fabulous designers have taken the challenge! You can see the chain here at Wida's blog Beacherado. I'm delighted that it's my turn and I had this wonderful card by Richard Breaks (That's Mr Card Maker to You!) to inspire me.


I did my usual technique when CASEing a card - study the card for a few moments and then retreat and create without looking back at the original but using the elements that really stood out in my memory. So from Richard's card I was thinking about the circle, dry embossing, hearts and script font die cut.




I also pulled in Kristina Werner's sketch from day 1 of Clean & Simple Card Making 2 which was swirling around in my head along with the elements from Richard's card.


A huge thanks to Wida for running such a fun idea and to Richard for his great card to CASE.

Supplies: Stamps - Simon Says Stamp you; Inks - Versamark, Memories unicorn; Card - Papertrey Ink vintage cream, Clear & Simple Stamps i steel got it, Stampin' Up basic black, cherry cobbler; Paper - Bo Bunny love letters; Dies - Simon Says Stamp large hearts s143, large holiday shapes s147, you s146, Lil' Inker Designs flags & tags, Spellbinders small circles; Embossing Powder - Hero Arts white; Embossing folder - Stampin' Up
-->

13 Comments:

At 30 January 2013 at 13:53 , Blogger Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love that script heart paper and the fabulous woodgrain!

 
At 30 January 2013 at 14:02 , Blogger Wida said...

If I could frame this post I would! You are just tops in my book. There isn't a single thing I don't love about this. This is my kind of free style collage because I try to make things all random like other designers but it still looks orderly.

 
At 30 January 2013 at 14:03 , Blogger richardbreaks said...

I love this!!! I just ordered that embossing folder, and now I can't WAIT for it to come!
Wonderful job, Debbie!

 
At 30 January 2013 at 14:31 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh that is Goooood!!!! I also have that embossing folder coming now lol What a fun thing to do :) xxx

 
At 30 January 2013 at 14:42 , Blogger Taheerah said...

This is so so awesome Debby!! Everything about it is just wow!!

BTW - I watched your video yesterday. :-) I thought you would have a Scottish accent lol but instead you sound like me!!

 
At 30 January 2013 at 15:02 , Blogger Debby said...

Ah you see Taheerah, I'm a Midlands girl living up in Scotland!

 
At 30 January 2013 at 15:12 , Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely phenomenal!!!

 
At 30 January 2013 at 17:03 , Blogger Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this... the embossing is what stands out to me... and since I took part in the chain letter, I love that it's still going and taken on a life of its own.

 
At 30 January 2013 at 21:34 , Blogger Lyndal said...

FAB CASE Debby - LOVE it :)

 
At 30 January 2013 at 23:05 , Blogger Lea L. said...

I love this! The woodgrain background is perfect, and the hearts are such a great pop of color! LOVE the sentiment too!

 
At 31 January 2013 at 00:05 , Blogger Michelle said...

Beautiful! Your CASEing technique always results in something NEW (and wonderful) despite it being a CASE. I knew that your CASADIA contribution would be out of this world. ;-)

 
At 31 January 2013 at 04:50 , Blogger Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I LOVE it!! You did great with your CASE!

 
At 31 January 2013 at 18:26 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this! Simply gorgeous!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home