This page has moved to a new address.

cas-ual fridays challenge 86

lime doodle: cas-ual fridays challenge 86

18 January 2013

cas-ual fridays challenge 86

This is my second post today; please scroll down for my There She Goes Again post :)


At CAS-ual Fridays this week the challenge is 'long and short' - make a card or project with one long side and one short side (3 x 6, 4 x 8 etc). Our sponsor this week is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - look out for more sneak peeks of the new sets from the Design Team :)


I chose to go tall and skinny - if only that still applied to me! I stamped the leaf image from the new Casual Elegance set as tendrils coming down from the top of a panel and coloured with markers.




I added a piece of patterned paper to the panel base and a tiny strip of matching paper at the join. The panel was then mounted over a white card base with foam adhesive. I rounded just one bottom corner for a bit of added interest.

Well that's me for today. I'm on a train down to see my sister weather permitting. A band of snow is supposed to pass over the country during the day. Where I live in Scotland we are more used to snow and better prepared but as you go south through the UK snow causes more disruption so I hope I get there without too many delays!

Supplies: Stamps - CAS-ual Fridays Stamps casual elegance; Inks - Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black; Card - Neenah solar white; Paper - My Mind's Eye on the bright side two; Copics;  Stampin' Up adhesive pearls


Labels:

8 Comments:

At 18 January 2013 at 05:34 , Blogger Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

This is beautiful. All your work is gorgeous. I need to visit more often for inspiration!

 
At 18 January 2013 at 07:12 , Blogger Taheerah said...

I live this card Debby! It has such a fresh feel to it!! Good luck traversing the UK today - I work in Manchester so I'm expecting some chaos as I negotiate the motorways today!

 
At 18 January 2013 at 09:40 , Blogger maria f. said...

If you get too much snow, send it over to the continent will ya? We've only got about an inch. Love your oh-so-light-and-airy beauty, BTW.

 
At 18 January 2013 at 10:19 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Gorgeous card! Have a safe journey Debby & wrap up warm sweetheart xxx

 
At 18 January 2013 at 11:00 , Blogger Lynn said...

Safe travels to see your sister Debby! Such a soft, beautiful card.

 
At 18 January 2013 at 15:04 , Blogger cards by cara said...

I love the colours you used to colour in the leaves - gorgeous!

 
At 18 January 2013 at 15:18 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Debby!

 
At 19 January 2013 at 12:41 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

love this....awesome design and the colors...pure perfection.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home