This page has moved to a new address.

holiday card workshop day1

lime doodle: holiday card workshop day1

30 October 2012

holiday card workshop day1


Hello, flying in here today to share some cards I made as a participant in the latest Online Card Class - Holiday Card Workshop. I was so excited when the class started yesterday - my holiday card stash is way off the numbers it needs to be and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this class while hopefully getting this sorted :) Day 1 of the class looked at making card sets. My card was inspired after seeing the most wonderful coffee cup design - seriously stunning and would make drinking coffee out of a disposable cup so cool! This is what I came up with:




Please excuse the slightly off photos - the weather is grim and dull here and I had to resort to lights - ughh :( Anyway, on to the card; I recently got the fun Hero Arts set Holiday Conversations. I stamped one of the speech bubbles in black ink onto the centre of a 3.5 inch white piece of card. Then I masked the sentiment before stamping the chevrons in red over the top. I mounted the panel onto a 3.75 inch red glitter card and then onto a 4 inch white card base. Very simple but eye-catching and easy to mass produce :)


I did a couple in the red colour way and a couple in green. 


I hope you get the chance to join in with the class!

Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts holiday conversations, zig zag; Inks - Versafine onyx black, Versacolor scarlet, Amuse grass; Red and green glitter card

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 30 October 2012 at 10:36 , Blogger Caroline said...

These are gorgeous love the colours. Caroline xxx

 
At 30 October 2012 at 13:27 , Blogger canadian_liner said...

Very cheery design; it would warm up anyone's winter!

 
At 30 October 2012 at 14:01 , Blogger Luv2talk said...

LOVE this one but there is no way I could pull off the masking job you did here. It's amazing. LOVE your work!

 
At 30 October 2012 at 15:54 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

Debby love your glittery Christmas card!

 
At 30 October 2012 at 19:30 , Blogger Virginia L. said...

How AWESOME are these, Debby! Love the speech bubble and glitter! Congrats on the Hero Arts Tweet!

 
At 31 October 2012 at 01:02 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

fabulous design, love the "glitteryness" :)

 
At 31 October 2012 at 01:03 , Blogger Deb said...

Love that glitter paper, Debby! I was just thinking about making a little Christmas chevron card, too. How funny!

 
At 31 October 2012 at 07:54 , Blogger Beverley said...

Fab! I'm loving chevrons at the moment and paired with a speech bubble, even better! Your masking is perfection & your style!

 
At 31 October 2012 at 18:49 , Blogger Beate said...

Love your glitter fun Christmas cards. They look great in either color.
Hugs and smiles

 
At 31 October 2012 at 23:39 , Blogger yyam said...

These are lovely. I love the glittered borders! :)

 
At 1 November 2012 at 00:48 , Blogger Cassi said...

love your bright sparkly glitter holiday cards!

 
At 1 November 2012 at 01:57 , Blogger Pryn said...

This set is FABULOUS!!! I love the fun, funkiness of it. Definitely a card that the receiver would display proudly :)

 
At 2 November 2012 at 07:30 , Blogger Kelly Griglione said...

Brilliant and happy all at the same time! What a great set of cards!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home