This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 113

lime doodle: case study challenge 113

18 October 2012

case study challenge 113

Over at CASE Study I'm really loving the inspiration from our muse this month Julia Stainton :) I couldn't wait to get my hands on this week's card!


I stuck closely to Julia's great layout with offset circle and popped up embellishment. 




The circle is die cut from patterned paper which I then popped up over a dark grey card base before white embossing the sentiment into the negative space. I covered the two hearts in glossy accents and actually managed to leave them to dry fully before popping them up, offset with the edge of the circle. OK so I made three hearts and stuck my finger into the gloss too soon on one and then I left the remaining two to dry fully LOL!

I hope you can join us this week. Here's the links to the rest of the girls for more inspiration:





  • Amy Wanford
  • Andrea Ewen
  • Christina MacLaren
  • Clare Buswell
  • Debby Hughes - me!
  • Iwona Palamountain (Chupa):Owner
  • Jean Martin
  • Maureen Plut
  • Teneale Williams
  • Teresa Kline
  • and our guest for October Jeanne Jachna


  • Supplies: Stamps - Papertrey Ink we go together; Inks - Versamark; Card - Papertrey Ink smoky shadow, pure poppy; Paper - Teresa Collins tell your story; Dies - Lil' Inker Designs hearts, Spellbinders circles; Embossing Powder - Hero Arts white; Glossy Accents


    Labels:

    9 Comments:

    At 18 October 2012 at 08:25 , Blogger Sientje said...

    Wow this is such a beautiful card. Love it!

     
    At 18 October 2012 at 11:21 , Blogger Julie said...

    Gorgeous card! Love the embossing and sentiment as the focal point! Pretty hearts too, they add a nice pop of color! It kind of worked out that you put your finger in the gloss, I like it with 2 hearts!

     
    At 18 October 2012 at 14:00 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

    Gorgeous card Debby, the Glossy Accents is such a great addition to the hearts.

     
    At 18 October 2012 at 19:34 , Blogger Pamela said...

    So pretty! LOVE the hearts :D

     
    At 18 October 2012 at 19:53 , Blogger Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

    What a wonderful, stylish take on Julia's sweet card! LOVE your card!

     
    At 18 October 2012 at 21:39 , Blogger Lea L. said...

    This is beautiful! I just love that stamped sentiment!!

     
    At 18 October 2012 at 22:09 , Blogger Aimes said...

    Turning a negative (space) into a fabulous positive!
    Love your glossy hearts and so happy to know that it's not just me who can't resist sticking my finger into tacky glossy accents (note to self: always make extra glossy embellishments to stick my finger in! LOL!)
    Hugs!
    x

     
    At 19 October 2012 at 06:45 , Blogger Kelly Griglione said...

    Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one who gets impatient with things that need drying. Love, love your card with the red on charcoal!

     
    At 20 October 2012 at 02:37 , Blogger Amy Johnson said...

    Wow! What a fabulous card! Love the cut out and the pop of red!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home