This page has moved to a new address.

cas-ual fridays challenge 64

lime doodle: cas-ual fridays challenge 64

3 August 2012

cas-ual fridays challenge 64


Seriously, thank goodness it's Friday! We returned from a few days away this week to needing to do some things on the house before visitors arrived today. The pace of work had to be speedy and as a result I am exhausted! I have a couple of niggly pains which flare up when I push myself, so I will enjoy having my visitors stay and taking a bit of time with my foot well and truly off the pedal :)

This week's theme at CAS-ual Fridays is "on cloud 9" - things you see in the sky; clouds, birds, planes, sun, kites, moon etc. Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp who are giving away a $25 GC :)


I've loved seeing Aga pull out her Memory Box modern landscape border die (here and here) and it inspired me to use my die on some coloured card which I added just the faintest hint of woodgrain. I don't seem to be able to make a card at the moment without using Hero Arts designer woodgrain stamp!



My wonderful Lil' Inker Designs sunshine and cloud dies were the perfect addition. I love the signature scored detail that Laura adds to her dies.

Well that's me for today. My visitors should be arriving soon :) Here's the rest of the girls for more "on cloud 9":

Michele Gross - The Boss 
Christina MacLaren 
Dana Seymour 
Debby Hughes - that's me! 
Gayatri Murani 
Jenny Mullens 
Julie Day 
Karolyn Loncon 
Kimberley Lane 
Laurie Willison 
Lorena Canto 
Lynn Mangan 
Virginia Lu

Not forgetting the facebook team who will be posting to facebook and their blogs during the week:

Angie Tieman 
Deb Wabbe 
Lisa Addesa 
Stephanie Washburn 
Suzanne Dahlberg 

Have a great weekend :)


Supplies: Stamps - Lil' Inker Designs sun sentiments, Hero Arts designer woodgrain; Ink - Versafine onyx black, Versamark; Card - Stampin' Up calypso coral, so saffron; Dies - Lil' Inker Designs sunshine, rainbows & clouds, Memory Box modern landscape

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 3 August 2012 at 08:28 , Blogger Lynn said...

I love this! The colors and dies you choose are awesome!

 
At 3 August 2012 at 10:43 , Blogger Marion said...

CAS perfection. I love your card Debby!

 
At 3 August 2012 at 10:47 , Blogger shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous CAS card. Love that woodgrain effect!

 
At 3 August 2012 at 12:37 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

absolutely sweet! love how it pops!

 
At 3 August 2012 at 14:30 , Blogger Sara Mac said...

Sweet card Debby! Love the woodgrain stamped over the cut out.

 
At 3 August 2012 at 14:31 , Blogger richardbreaks said...

Beautiful!

 
At 3 August 2012 at 14:38 , Blogger Miriam Prantner said...

This is fantastic! Love the woodgrain!

 
At 3 August 2012 at 16:24 , Blogger Deb said...

Simply fabulous, Debby! And yes, those score lines add such perfect detail!

 
At 4 August 2012 at 04:02 , Blogger Gayatri said...

I agree with Deb, Simply Fabulous! The texture using stamps and outling the clouds and sun is such an awesome touch. Love it. I bought that die from MB but have used it even once:( Makes me want to use it now:)

 
At 5 August 2012 at 11:16 , Blogger Michelle said...

Beautiful! Awesome use of dies and colour! :-)

 
At 5 August 2012 at 17:29 , Blogger Aimes said...

I need to use that die more often! Love the woodgrain effect on it - really makes a sweet embellishment!
Take it easy and enjoy your visitors!
Hugs!
Aimes
x

 
At 6 August 2012 at 01:29 , Blogger Sue McRae said...

Such a delightful scene!

 
At 6 August 2012 at 17:32 , Blogger Glenda J said...

Absolutely perfect! Love this CAS design and the happy colours.

 
At 7 August 2012 at 00:13 , Blogger Lisa A. said...

Love everything about this, Debby!! Sweet card!!!

 
At 7 August 2012 at 13:13 , Blogger Marybeth said...

You are the queen of CAS! Love this one with the bright little seen you have created.

 
At 7 August 2012 at 23:07 , Blogger Daša said...

such a beautiful card!!! love everything about it!

 
At 9 August 2012 at 20:20 , Blogger Erin said...

Wonderful card! I love your sun and clouds. Super cute.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home