This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 83

lime doodle: case study challenge 83

22 March 2012

case study challenge 83

Ah, spring really feels like it's here! Warmer days, lighter too, bit of sunshine - perfect! I must check but I think here in the UK our clocks go forward this weekend :)

Anyhow, enough rambling let me jump straight in with this CAS beauty from Laura as this weeks card to inspire us at CASE study.


I pretty much kept all elements of Laura's card, just switched out the paper and stamps. I loved the full length panel popped up over the patterned paper and kept my image and sentiments down in the lower part of the panel too.


Supplies: Stamps - Paper Smooches healthy vibes; Inks - Versafine onyx black; Paper - My Mind's Eye lime twist life of the party; Markers; Clear Embossing Powder

I tried different ways of using this plaster stamp - paper piecing, die cut heart out of red card etc but in the end I like it simply coloured with my markers. I've had a couple of questions about which markers I use. I use the term "marker" generally as I have Copics, Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I mainly use Promarkers for a number of reasons - they are more widely available in the UK, cheaper and I like the fine tip you can add on over the bullet nib. I have found that (within reason) Promarkers and Copics can be used together too :)



Pop by these lovely ladies for more inspiration:

Amy Wanford
Christina MacLaren
ClareBuswell
Debby Hughes - me!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa):Owner
Jean Martin

Julie Lacey - taking a break
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams

Teresa Kline

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 22 March 2012 at 13:21 , Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

Such a fun card Debby. I love that image.

 
At 22 March 2012 at 13:55 , Blogger Mandy said...

fabulous card Debby!

xx

 
At 22 March 2012 at 18:05 , Blogger canadian_liner said...

Thanks for your clarification of the markers. Love that "plaster" stamp (over here we call 'em bandaids, but had a little neighbor from York area who called them that...).

 
At 22 March 2012 at 18:05 , Blogger canadian_liner said...

Thanks for your clarification of the markers. Love that "plaster" stamp (over here we call 'em bandaids, but had a little neighbor from York area who called them that...).

 
At 22 March 2012 at 20:24 , Blogger Debby said...

And I didn't even realise I was being "all English" with this one!

 
At 22 March 2012 at 21:10 , Blogger Aimes said...

Yup, that's one seriously cute plaster! (I was recently commented on for using the term plaster instead of bandaid on my recent card too! I couldn't type the word bandaid without thinking about the Band Aid charity single! LOL!)
Anyways I digres! A fabby card (and I'm with you on the Promarkers for exactly the same reasons)
Hugs!
Aimes
x

 
At 23 March 2012 at 11:08 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

awwwwww....love it!

 
At 23 March 2012 at 13:44 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Debbie!
You mentioned the clocks changing: if you fancy something else with a bit of visual splendour, have a look at this: http://bit.ly/GIbQXZ

 
At 28 March 2012 at 03:21 , Blogger Suzanne Russell said...

Love the pink and this precious little band aid-I may have to break down and buy this stamp set!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home