This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 81

lime doodle: case study challenge 81

8 March 2012

case study challenge 81

EEEK, I forgot to schedule this post! I woke up in bed this morning thinking - Thursday, Thursday ..... yummy a day in Glasgow at the bi-annual craft show (we don't get many craft shows here) .... Thursday, Thursday ..... EEK CASE study! So I'm flying in here and will edit with more details after the show. Got to get the kids to school first.

So here's Laura's fabulous card for us to CASE this week.



And here's my version. May need a bit of explanation later but I hope you can see some of how I was inspired!


Pin It
Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts envelope pattern, Hero Arts & Studio Calico hooray, Paper Smooches party posse; Inks - Versafine onyx black, Amuse grass; Card - Stampin' Up lucky limeade; Die - My Favourite Things fresh cut grass; Promarkers


Be back later. In the meantime check these girls out who are probably much better organised and had their posts scheduled!

Christina MacLaren
ClareBuswell
Debby Hughes - me!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa):Owner
Jean Martin

Julie Lacey - taking a break
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams

Edited to add:

Phew, what a crazy but lovely day! Craft shopping in real life - is there anything better! I bought a few Memory Box dies, stocked up on some markers, got a couple of MME paper pads, new Versafine onyx black and Versamark pads (use those all the time), a couple of stamp sets ..... Think that's about all LOL! A good day had by all :)

So back to the card above. Let me explain how the making process went. At first I focused on the "Hi" sentiment and the black ribbon. Not having any wide black ribbon I masked a panel and stamped the Hero Arts envelope background in black. Found a "Hello" sentiment and all was looking good :) I was looking for a strong image to place above the Hello in line with Laura's card and then I spotted the cute sheep from Paper Smooches so the black stripe became green for grass and it went from there!

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 8 March 2012 at 10:10 , Blogger Michelle said...

I love it! Clean, simple, and fun. :-)

 
At 8 March 2012 at 10:15 , Blogger Lynn said...

So, so cute! Have a great time at the craft fair!

 
At 8 March 2012 at 11:35 , Blogger mckinkle said...

What a busy day you are having today!

Super card and I love that shade of green. The texture of the band really adds oomph to it too!

Keryn :)

 
At 8 March 2012 at 12:30 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

Such a fun take on Laura's card..

 
At 8 March 2012 at 13:57 , Blogger jodpea said...

I read so many American blogs, I had no idea u were from the UK! That explains why I like your work so much, lol. ... I'd be interested to hear the explanation behind this card tho, I must admit!

 
At 8 March 2012 at 14:25 , Blogger Christina said...

Super cute, Debby! I love the look on the sheep's face!

 
At 8 March 2012 at 15:34 , Blogger Marisa said...

That sheep is too cute! Thanks for my morning smile :) Great card.

 
At 8 March 2012 at 16:11 , Blogger Jean Martin said...

This is super cute Deb!!!

 
At 8 March 2012 at 16:16 , Blogger Kathy Martin said...

Love these cards! The first so elegant and the second...adorable!!! :)

 
At 8 March 2012 at 21:39 , Blogger Susan said...

Love this cute card Debbie! You have such a flair for this.

 
At 8 March 2012 at 22:12 , Blogger Denise@DigiHaven said...

OMG this card is so darn cute. I love your description on how it all came together too.

 
At 9 March 2012 at 15:41 , Blogger Ardyth said...

Just figured out that you're in Scotland - my inlaws live in Peebles (used to be in Bearsden), and I would love to know where the craft shops are (if any) in Edinburgh/The Borders for my next visit - any advice? Thanks! (love your little lambie!)

 
At 9 March 2012 at 22:02 , Blogger Debby said...

Hi Ardyth, I live in the Central belt between Edinburgh and Glasgow and I have to say that real life craft shops are few and far between in these parts :( The one's that were around all seem to have closed down which is such a shame and why the craft shows have become so much more important.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home