This page has moved to a new address.

papertrey ink day 1

lime doodle: papertrey ink day 1

5 February 2012

papertrey ink day 1

Papertrey Ink are celebrating their 5th anniversary this month! The challenge today was to pick one of the team members favourite projects to use as your own inspiration. It will come as no surprise to you that I chose the fabulous Maile Belles. This lady can do no wrong; from her clean and simple projects to her wonderful stamp designs. I picked out three of Maile's stamp sets
  • modern basics
  • background basics circles
  • gracious vases
and here's what I came up with.

Pin It

I had to resort to lights to photograph this as it's dark here now. In fact I really should be in bed considering I've been a bit under the weather. Anyway, in real life the pink is a really vibrant magenta which doesn't come across that well in this photo. If I get the chance tomorrow then I will take a picture using natural light.

Here's is the inspiration picture from Maile, it's from this post if you want a closer look.

Hopefully you can see that I took the background stamped panel, pop of rich colour just above a sentiment which overlaps the background.

20 Comments:

At 5 February 2012 at 23:59 , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this so much!

 
At 6 February 2012 at 00:18 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous card!

 
At 6 February 2012 at 00:23 , Blogger carol (krillsister) said...

Butiful. So Maile.

 
At 6 February 2012 at 00:27 , Blogger Pam W. said...

Love it! I can see Maile's influence in your design. Perfect touch with the bit of bling. I hope you feel better soon.

 
At 6 February 2012 at 00:31 , Blogger Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh this is fabulous, love your take on Maile's card.

 
At 6 February 2012 at 00:50 , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I just love your card. Maile would be so proud! You have really captured the essence of clean and simple stamping.

 
At 6 February 2012 at 00:55 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

Beautiful take on Mailes CAS style Debby. Love the lone flower layered over the background stamping!

 
At 6 February 2012 at 01:29 , Blogger JJ Bolton said...

Superb! So clean and fresh:)

 
At 6 February 2012 at 05:03 , Blogger Chris Simon said...

Oh my word. I must pick my jaw up off the floor now. This is just fabulous! Pinning you now.

 
At 6 February 2012 at 05:10 , Blogger Joyce said...

This is stunning. Truly as good as an original Maile card.

 
At 6 February 2012 at 05:51 , Blogger Harriet Skelly said...

Wow I LOVE this Debbie! I love it as much as Maile's original!

 
At 6 February 2012 at 06:17 , Blogger cards by cara said...

Wow - this is stunning!! Off to pin this right now!

 
At 6 February 2012 at 07:10 , Blogger Ginger Claire said...

Stunning xx

 
At 6 February 2012 at 08:23 , Blogger Aimes said...

Just fabulous. Simply fabulous!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 6 February 2012 at 11:31 , Blogger Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, this is so pretty!!! Love this card!!
Hugs, Wendy

 
At 6 February 2012 at 11:34 , Blogger Michelle said...

Beautiful, Debby! I love it!

 
At 6 February 2012 at 13:38 , Blogger richardbreaks said...

Terrific job!

 
At 6 February 2012 at 15:31 , Blogger Caren B said...

Love this Debby!

 
At 6 February 2012 at 18:01 , Blogger LMcBurney said...

I loved your card so much that I cased it. I didn't have the same supplies but I loved the look of your card so I used what I had. I would vote you to be on the PTI team in a heartbeat. Hope you have a great day.

 
At 7 February 2012 at 00:42 , Blogger Anne said...

Awesome modern card- love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home