This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 77

lime doodle: case study challenge 77

9 February 2012

case study challenge 77

Did you enjoy the inspiration from our new CASE study muse last week? Despite our different styles, I am finding so much to CASE in Karola's cards. Here's my card for this week.

Pin It
Supplies: Stamps - Lil' Inker Designs flags and tags; Inks - Versafine onyx black; Paper - Echo Park victoria gardens; Buttons - Papertrey Ink spring mix; Brads - Stampin' Up glimmer basics; Dies - Lil' Inker Designs of the heart, Papertrey Ink simple circles border

And here's Karola's card for this week.

I was inspired by the background circles with buttons. The shape reminded me of a Papertrey Ink die I have - simple circles border. I cut a white mat for a white card and added a white die cut border and a sentiment stamped in black. Then I added some colour with circles of patterned paper from one of my current favourite collections. I've used these papers so much that I'm down to the last scraps of some of the papers in the pad. Time for some shopping I think! In between the circles I interspersed buttons and glimmer brads. A sweet little popped up heart finished it off.


Please pop by the rest of the girls in the DT to see how Karola's card inspired them.

Amy Wanford - coming soon
Christina MacLaren
ClareBuswell
Debby Hughes - me!
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa):Owner
Jean Martin

Julie Lacey - taking a break
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams - taking a week off
TeresaKline

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 9 February 2012 at 05:11 , Blogger Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow! This is stunning, Debby!! I love that DP in the middle of the hearts - which collection is it from?!! Beyond gorgeous!!

 
At 9 February 2012 at 05:26 , Blogger Unknown said...

Debby this is beautiful. Those colors...yummy yet soft. What size circle punches did you use to cut out the patterned paper?

 
At 9 February 2012 at 06:56 , Blogger Christine Blain said...

Oh WOW - this is waaaaay cool, Debby! Beautiful card.

 
At 9 February 2012 at 07:02 , Blogger Linda Beeson said...

Your card is amazing!!!!

 
At 9 February 2012 at 08:06 , Blogger Sientje said...

Wow I love the simplicity of your card it is so BEAUTIFUL!

 
At 9 February 2012 at 09:10 , Blogger Caryn said...

Gorgeous Debbie - love how you took a very intricate card and CAS'd the life out of it - nicely done!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

 
At 9 February 2012 at 10:47 , Blogger Lynn said...

A girl always needs a reason to shop and this sounds like the perfect reason! I love this card...so so gorgeous!

 
At 9 February 2012 at 11:00 , Blogger Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! I thought of that border die too when I saw the card. Love the buttons and brads you added!

 
At 9 February 2012 at 11:25 , Blogger Debby said...

Hi Karolyn, the patterned paper all came from an Echo Park 6x6 pad called Victoria Gardens. I've loved the papers in this pad and have used some of the designs until I'm just down to scaps!

 
At 9 February 2012 at 11:27 , Blogger Debby said...

Hi Deanna, I cut the patterned paper circles using Spellbinders circle dies. The littlest circle uses the smallerst die from the small circles set and the larger circle is the smallest die from the large circles set. Hope that makes sense!

 
At 9 February 2012 at 11:41 , Blogger N@ Ali said...

stunning CASE!

 
At 9 February 2012 at 14:32 , Blogger Christina said...

I gasped when I first saw this. I love how you captured the repeating circle element from Karola's card in that gorgeous border.

 
At 9 February 2012 at 15:20 , Blogger karen h said...

Beautiful!

 
At 9 February 2012 at 18:48 , Blogger Laura Pryor said...

Total and utter gorgeousness!! Love the use of the Lil' Inker products in this design!!!!!! YUMSKI!!!

 
At 10 February 2012 at 15:53 , Blogger Colleen Dietrich said...

This is super cool, Debby, and caught my eye in the lineup at CASE Study.

BTW, what kind of camera do you use? Thanks!!

 
At 10 February 2012 at 16:09 , Blogger Debby said...

Hi Colleen, I have a Canon 60D with a Canon 18-135 IS lense. I love them! With them there is a least a slight chance I can take a half decent picture in dim Scottish winter light!

 
At 13 February 2012 at 18:16 , Blogger Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Debby, your work makes me swoon! This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the different textured in the stamped circles. The buttons are wonderful. It is so simple and so strong. love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home