This page has moved to a new address.

case study challenge 76

lime doodle: case study challenge 76

2 February 2012

case study challenge 76

The start of a new month means a new muse for CASE study. For February we have the amazing Karola Witczak joining us. Karola has a wonderful detailed style which should be quite daunting for my CAS style, but you know what, there is so much inspiration packed into Karola's designs that I actually found it surprisingly easy! So here's this week's inspiration card from Karola.



And here's my card. I picked out the green and blue colour palette and focused in on a theme of butterflies.

Pin It
Stamps - Hero Arts antique engravings, Papertrey Ink modern basics, birthday basics; Inks - Versafine onyx black, Versacolor split pea, seafoam; Card - Papertrey Ink vellum

I used Papertrey Ink's Modern Basics set to create a base for my butterfly (Hero Arts Antique Engravings). I stamped the butterfly twice, once on to the base and once onto a piece of vellum. I cut the vellum butterfly out and then glued it just along the body, bending the wings up to give dimension. I used Papertrey Ink vellum which has enough weight to keep the wings in place.


Well that's me for today but for more inspiration pop by these talented ladies:

Christina MacLaren
ClareBuswell
Debby Hughes - me!
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa):Owner
Jean Martin


Labels:

20 Comments:

At 2 February 2012 at 05:05 , Blogger Christine Blain said...

Oh, Debby, this is PERFECTION!! Love this to bits!

 
At 2 February 2012 at 05:35 , Blogger Unknown said...

So fantastic!

 
At 2 February 2012 at 06:43 , Blogger Norma said...

Hi Debby, WOW!! love the butterfly looks so real! I just love the simplicity of your cards!!
Hugs,
Norma

 
At 2 February 2012 at 07:12 , Blogger Marisa said...

Fabulous case!! Love the card!!

 
At 2 February 2012 at 08:27 , Blogger Sientje said...

Wauw! I love the way your butterfly turns out. I made something like this last week but I was afraid to use black thinking it wouldn't be beautiful. But this is super beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

 
At 2 February 2012 at 08:33 , Blogger Michelle said...

Very, very, very, VERY nice! I love the Modern Basics with the botanical image!

 
At 2 February 2012 at 09:36 , Blogger Elena said...

wow! wonderful CASE - I love that butterfly!

 
At 2 February 2012 at 11:13 , Blogger Lynn said...

Oh my...so feminine and beautiful Debby.

 
At 2 February 2012 at 14:16 , Blogger Cristina said...

Soooooo gorgeous! That vellum butterfly is out of this world.

 
At 2 February 2012 at 15:30 , Blogger Caren B said...

Love this Debbie!

 
At 2 February 2012 at 16:10 , Blogger carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous card. Very striking with those colors and the butterfly atop the modern basics stamp design.

 
At 2 February 2012 at 16:26 , Blogger Mandy said...

Absolutely beautiful Debby...the colours work so well together and that butterfly is gorgeous!!

 
At 2 February 2012 at 16:32 , Blogger Kelly Booth said...

LOOOOOOOOOOVE This!!!

 
At 2 February 2012 at 21:54 , Blogger Vicki Dutcher said...

That bfly is beautiful!!

 
At 2 February 2012 at 22:57 , Blogger Jenny said...

Stunning card Debby, the butterfly looks so real :0)
Jenny x

 
At 3 February 2012 at 02:26 , Blogger Deb said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

 
At 3 February 2012 at 03:01 , Blogger Regina said...

Beautiful card and I love your clean and simple style.

 
At 4 February 2012 at 04:15 , Blogger Wida said...

it really is just ridiculous how good you are. Every card, including this beauty, hits it out of the park. You are an inspiration to me!

 
At 3 August 2012 at 17:48 , Blogger Debbie said...

found this card through Pinterest and it was the inspiration for a card I posted today for a challenge. Mine does not compare to this one but just wanted to let you know I loved your card!

 
At 10 September 2012 at 17:39 , Blogger XxJULESxX said...

Oh Wow stunning!!!! saw it on Pinterest!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home