This page has moved to a new address.

wishing you

lime doodle: wishing you

2 January 2012

wishing you

A New Year usually means a New Start. And I aim to fully embrace this tradition. Well at least for the first few days! My New Year's resolutions are varied but as regards this slightly compulsive totally addictive hobby of mine, I aim to try and make a dint in my accumulation of stash. When I first started this hobby I bought everything that caught my eye in their pretty packages. Then as I found my own style, I realised that in the main I use stamps, inks, dies and cardstock. Yet I have still have shelves bulging with pretty packages of flowers, chipboard and other embellishments. And I'm proud to say I've already started on my stash busting! The chipboard heart from last weeks blog hop had been lurking in a dark corner for ages! So while I'm on a roll I made today's card using a glittered die cut border which came as part of a collection pack I think from Crate Paper, some ribbon which has been collecting dust and I pulled out my Spellbinders ovals dies which haven't seen the light of day in a while.

Supplies: Stamps There She Goes wishing you, holly jolly; Inks - Versacolor seafoaam, lagoon blue, split pea, Versafine onyx black; Card - Stampin' Up island indigo, pool party; Dies - Spellbinders ovals, labels 14; Ribbon - Caspain grass green; Die cut border - Crate Paper?, Stampin' Up rhinestones

I paired these older items with some newer ones to keep things fresh and voila - a small but significant step in the right direction. I gave this card to our friends who we stayed with to bring in the New Year.


So why not join in with this week's challenge over at There She Goes and tell us what your New Year's resolutions are.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 2 January 2012 at 05:26 , Blogger Deb said...

Beautiful card, Debby! I love how you are using some of your stash. I hear you on that one. I want to pull out some older tools and older stamp sets and create something fresh, too. Gotta love resolutions!

 
At 2 January 2012 at 08:00 , Blogger Gayatri said...

I can totally relate to you, Debbie! I have done the same. Bought so much and found I haven't used many for ages:) I did giveaway a lot last year and now only left with many patternpapers which I don't want to give away because they are pretty :)

Your card is bright and cheerful, Debbie! Love the blue and green combination :)

 
At 2 January 2012 at 10:03 , Blogger Mandy said...

such a stunning card Debby. I too have many things in my stash that I look at in the pretty packaging but have never used!

 
At 2 January 2012 at 13:27 , Blogger ~amy~ said...

fabulous colors...I'm working on the same resolution...use what I have.

 
At 2 January 2012 at 14:31 , Blogger Aimes said...

Ahhhh so it's not just me that sits surrounded by pretty paper and embellishments to only then grab the stamps, ink and plain cardstock when making a card then?! I think we share the same resolution for 2012 ;D
What a fabulous and stylish step in the right direction to using your stash!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 2 January 2012 at 19:45 , Blogger Barb Turpin said...

I think you've touched on a topic which applies to many of us...my resolution is to stop hoarding or saving the pretty stuff for later and just use it before it's too outdated!

 
At 3 January 2012 at 04:33 , Blogger Crafty Math Chick said...

This is pretty Debby - I like the look of the snowflakes behind the sentiment, I have to remember to stop having naked sentiment panels and deck them up a bit. Happy New Year!
~Meredith

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home