This page has moved to a new address.

for your inspiration 20

lime doodle: for your inspiration 20

15 December 2011

for your inspiration 20

This is my second post today - please scroll down to see my CASE study card.

This photo is absolutely stunning! I say it every week, but Steph keeps finding the most amazing pictures to get our creativity fired up at For Your Inspiration.



As I said in my last post, a friend asked me to make a 50th birthday card for a man. I didn't want to give her just one to choose from so I created this card too. My card was inspired by the colours and the silhouetted horizon of this stunning photo but the layout was inspired by this card of Jessica Witty's.

Supplies: Stamps - Papertrey Ink big birthday wishes; Inks - Versafine onyx black; Card - Stampin' Up tempting turquoise, island indigo, basic black; Dies - Papertrey Ink angled labels, by the numbers; Impression plate - Papertrey Ink numbers

Here's the detail shot:



Here's the DT list for more inspiration:

Debby - that's me!
Keva
Michelle
Peggy
Rochelle
Sara
Steph
Vicki

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 15 December 2011 at 10:09 , Blogger Michelle said...

I just love this card, Debby. And now that I have seen your other option, I love that too! Did your friend take both? :-)

 
At 15 December 2011 at 13:32 , Blogger Rochelle Sodipo said...

Debby! This is sooo pretty!

 
At 15 December 2011 at 13:46 , Blogger dstandard said...

Fabulous card Debby - love the layers and texture!

 
At 15 December 2011 at 15:15 , Blogger Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the insp. picture and a great card! Said by one who could personally use it in a month or so LOL!

 
At 15 December 2011 at 16:31 , Blogger Meghan said...

That photo is amazing and I love your interpretation of it for your card. A perfect "guy" card!

 
At 15 December 2011 at 17:22 , Blogger Joyce said...

Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous. This is my year to be making '50' birthday cards, and I have run out of ideas, so thanks for the inspiration.

 
At 15 December 2011 at 18:54 , Blogger Vicki Dutcher said...

Killer card! LOVE THIS!!

 
At 16 December 2011 at 01:45 , Blogger StephC said...

You're simply amazing Debby! Love it!

 
At 16 December 2011 at 16:00 , Blogger carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. The blue is so striking as the background.

 
At 16 December 2011 at 19:02 , Blogger Aimes said...

Gorgeous use of negative space, Debby! If I were the person having to pick a card I think it would be a tough call!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 4 January 2012 at 14:00 , Blogger Marlena M. said...

Crisp and clean. Love it! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home