This page has moved to a new address.

Wishing you comfort

lime doodle: Wishing you comfort

29 May 2011

Wishing you comfort


In honor of Sarah who is leaving the Play Date Cafe Challenges, the colours this week are black and white with a splash of green. Right up my street. I combined this challenge with this weeks Make It Monday from Papertrey Ink. I do find green a calming colour which I think is very suitable for sympathy cards.


This card is a little more involved than my recent ones. I again used a woodgrain stamp to clear emboss the white cardstock as I did on my recent venture into white on white. Then layered some die cuts and a stamped circle over a piece of ribbon.

I apologise for this next photo - the weather is crazy here at the moment! Sun, rain, hail, storm force winds, we've had it all the last few days!


Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI turning a new leaf, wishing you, Hero Arts designer woodgrain
Inks - Versafine onyx black, spanish moss
Card - PTI ripe avocado, true black
Dies - PTI mat stack 1, mat stack 5, Spellbinders circles
Ribbon - PTI simply chartreuse
Adhesive stones

17 Comments:

At 29 May 2011 at 20:03 , Blogger Keva said...

This is lovely, Debby! Love the colors, too. This is a really great card.

 
At 29 May 2011 at 20:40 , Blogger DF said...

It's a perfect sympathy card.

 
At 29 May 2011 at 21:02 , Blogger Lola G. said...

Okay, I was wrong -- I absolutely DO need that Mat Stack 1 die (I already have #5)! What a beautiful combination with the two layered together.

 
At 29 May 2011 at 21:03 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

Oh Debby this is such a wonderful neutral sympathy card! I adore those embossed woodgrains! I'm going to have to try that!

 
At 29 May 2011 at 22:17 , Blogger JJ Bolton said...

So pretty! The woodgrain embossing is so lovely.

 
At 30 May 2011 at 00:12 , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful Debby..one of my favorite color combos.

 
At 30 May 2011 at 00:30 , Blogger Fiona said...

Such an elegant sympathy card Debby :) Just lovely. Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

 
At 30 May 2011 at 00:50 , Blogger Sharron said...

This is so lovely and a perfect sympathy card! I love the embossed woodgrain!

 
At 30 May 2011 at 01:39 , Blogger jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous, soothing colours and the layers are so elegantly done!

 
At 30 May 2011 at 03:13 , Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Okay, I've never thought to layer Mat Stack #1 over Mat Stack #5-- this is brillant! I love your card-- it's gorgeous! Into my faves!

 
At 30 May 2011 at 10:48 , Blogger Unknown said...

simple, clean and elegant~

 
At 30 May 2011 at 12:08 , Blogger Tui Nathan said...

Mmmm ... oh how beautiful .... love your simple elegance!!!

 
At 31 May 2011 at 19:25 , Blogger Sara Mac said...

Stunning Debby! I just love everything about this.

 
At 31 May 2011 at 22:01 , Blogger Jinny Newlin said...

Stunning, woodgrain, embossing effect, Debby! I also adore your layered sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

 
At 1 June 2011 at 04:09 , Blogger Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a beautiful card--love that embossing and that ribbon treatment!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC and joining in the FUN!

 
At 1 June 2011 at 18:18 , Blogger Michele Gross said...

LOVE your CAS design! Gorgeous use of the colors and that wood texture is delish! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

 
At 1 June 2011 at 22:09 , Blogger Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh, this one is awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home