This page has moved to a new address.

You did it!

lime doodle: You did it!

24 February 2011

You did it!

It's sad to say that I am old enough to have a niece who has just passed her driving test. She is the most adorable young lady with many talents, however, she wasn't a natural when it came to learning to drive! Hence, for my congratulations card I'm sending her, I placed the car at an angle and added a few black lines to emphasise the wobble!



For this card I used the bright and fabulous colours of this weeks Curtain Call Challenge. I've been so busy recently that I haven't had time to play along with my favourite challenges and I've missed them.

At first I tried paper piecing the car with some polka dot paper, but it just didn't look right. So I used my very basic copic colouring skills instead which by chance fits with the Stampin With Markers Challenge at Moxie Fab.

Finally, I added some glitter to the green strip of card grounding my bumpy road using a strip of scortape in accordance with Make It Monday over at PTI. Phew, 3 challenges in one! And while the glitter was out I highlighted the headlamps and window too.



Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI enjoy the ride
Inks - Versafine onyx black
Card - PTI orange zest, simply chartreuse
Paper - PTI bitty dots basic
Copics
Adhesive stones
Scortape
Prisma glitter

15 Comments:

At 24 February 2011 at 17:17 , Blogger Keva said...

lol..that's so cute, Debby!

 
At 24 February 2011 at 17:38 , Blogger Laurie said...

Debby this is adorable! I love how you used the CC colors!!

 
At 24 February 2011 at 18:30 , Blogger Lola G. said...

This is totally sweet!

 
At 24 February 2011 at 20:54 , Blogger Aimes said...

I'm only 5 years off my own niece passing her driving test (if she does that at 17!) But I know that when she does that she'd too love a card like this! I especially love the li'l wobble :D
Hugs,
Aimes,
x

 
At 24 February 2011 at 21:10 , Blogger Lynn said...

Oh...I'm old enough to have two nieces driving now...yikes! Time flies!! this is absolutely adorable...love the circle/scallops!

 
At 24 February 2011 at 22:07 , Blogger Lori said...

This is adorable!! Love all the glitter

 
At 24 February 2011 at 23:01 , Blogger Lindsay said...

This is just fantastic Debbie! Love all those details! The glitter, your coloring, very fun!

 
At 24 February 2011 at 23:06 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

Yep, 2 nieces and a nephew who are driving! Where has the time gone? This card is adorable! Love where you accented with the glitter! Love the "bumps" too! :)

 
At 25 February 2011 at 01:20 , Blogger Jen W. said...

This is so cute! I love the colourful, bumpy road and the sparkly windshield and headlights!

 
At 25 February 2011 at 13:51 , Blogger Pamela Lash said...

I love the car and sentiment - so cute! Just became a follower and would love if you follow me too.
Mama loveBug from LoveBug Creations
http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

 
At 26 February 2011 at 03:53 , Blogger Karen said...

This is simply stunning, Love your bumpy road effect.

 
At 26 February 2011 at 13:48 , Blogger Diane Jaquay said...

How ADORABLE is this?!!! Super creative and fabulous card!!

 
At 26 February 2011 at 16:12 , Blogger ChickieChirps said...

This is great! I love the colours and the wobbly car!

Arabella

 
At 27 February 2011 at 04:49 , Blogger Lea L. said...

Oh my goodness...this is super cute!! I just love the scallops at the bottom, and the bits of glitter!! Great colors too! ♥♥♥

 
At 1 March 2011 at 15:50 , Blogger Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Debby! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Markers challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home