This page has moved to a new address.

Happy Birthday

lime doodle: Happy Birthday

10 January 2011

Happy Birthday




When I saw the juicy colours in Moxie Fab's 'The Bright and Bold Challenge' I immediately grabbed some cardstock that closely matched. I've been wanting to try the latest Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge as I'm a sucker for a circle! So I combined the two challenges and came up with this card:


I thought I might give it to my niece for her birthday as I think the bright modern colour combo would go down well with a teenager.

I apologise for the rather dull photos - they reflect the weather here today. However, that's not a bad thing for once as the rain is helping to wash some of the snow away! When we get a brighter day I will try and get some better pictures. As we get quite a lot of grey days here, I do wonder about investing in some lights fitted with daylight bulbs. Does anyone have any suggestions?



Debby

Supplies:

Stamps - PTI beautiful blooms II, birthday bash sentiments
Inks - PTI raspberry fizz, Versafine onyx black
Card - PTI true black, orange zest, raspberry fizz
SU! embossing folder
Dies - Spellbinders circles, PTI scallop
Papermania adhesive stones
Glitter

16 Comments:

At 10 January 2011 at 14:53 , Blogger Lindsay said...

Super fun Debbie! I love the glittery circle!

 
At 10 January 2011 at 15:41 , Blogger Keva said...

That's so cute. I love the offset glittery circle on the flower. Really cute. I think I am going to play along with Moxie later today.

 
At 10 January 2011 at 15:56 , Blogger Marisa said...

Love it!!

 
At 10 January 2011 at 16:12 , Blogger calamity jane said...

This is super cute!! A MFW Color Challenge contender for sure! I use Ott Lighting. Since I live on the Oregon beach, we have plenty of drizzly days too. It works for me.

 
At 10 January 2011 at 16:41 , Blogger nancy said...

This is a super fun card. I think your photo looks fine. You can see all of the details clearly.

 
At 10 January 2011 at 17:35 , Blogger Nancy L. said...

super cute!! love what you did with your flower, never thought of adding the circles!

 
At 10 January 2011 at 18:54 , Blogger Linda Beeson said...

Wow, that is so bright and HAPPY! Love the combo.

 
At 10 January 2011 at 19:03 , Blogger Aimes said...

Seriously hip and cool, Debbi! My niece (and myself!) would love this!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

 
At 10 January 2011 at 19:16 , Blogger Laurie said...

Definitley a fun card! I love the bright colors! And your photo looks great!

 
At 10 January 2011 at 20:20 , Blogger Linda Suarez said...

Love the bright colors with the white!

 
At 11 January 2011 at 02:19 , Blogger Margaret M said...

Nice card! I love the clean, crisp look and the bright colors!

 
At 11 January 2011 at 05:05 , Blogger Janelle said...

What a fun card! Perfectly executed, too. Love the glittery circle and the gemstones are perfectly placed.

 
At 11 January 2011 at 12:55 , Blogger Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Love what you did with those colors! Not an easy combo -(to me that is) - Great card!

 
At 11 January 2011 at 16:45 , Blogger Amy Kolling said...

First of all. Your photos are crisp, clean and clear! They show the colors perfectly. This is something I've been trying to work on. Second, what a great job with these bold bright colors! And you're right, this card would be perfect for a teenager! My niece would love it!

 
At 17 January 2011 at 11:54 , Blogger Rachel Izakowicz said...

This is lovely - perfect combo of bright colors with black & white. Stunning!

 
At 29 January 2011 at 03:31 , Blogger Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Debby! Thanks for entering the Bright & Bold challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home